The Zmags Development Team will be completing the first release for Publicator the week of September 14th. We will confirm the exact date and time as we get closer. The release will take 3-4 hours to complete. During this 4 hour window, you will be unable to login to your account. Uploads of PDFs through FTP or APIs will also not be possible. Your publications will remain online and will not be affected by this maintenance work.
This release includes upgrades to the user interface of Publicator:
- Flash viewers can no longer be created. Existing publications using a Flash viewer will not be affected. This change only applies to new Publications created after Sep 14th.
- In the Publication Basic settings, users can no longer select Flash viewers from the Viewer selection dropdown
- During the creation of a publication, users can no longer “Grab from web page”
- Default viewer selection is now “HTML 5 Standard [Default]”
- In-platform video hosting is being removed for new videos. In-platform videos that have already been added to a Publication before Sep 14th will still display. Videos can still be added to publications from Youtube, Vimeo, Brightcove and Wistia
- The Progress View window no longer uses Flash to show the status of PDF uploads/conversions
Please note that while this release removes the ability to create new Flash-based viewers, existing publications will still render properly.
For more updates, follow this section in the Publicator Community or register here for our webinar on October 14th.