How do I change / upload a new PDF file?
To replace your downloadable PDF file please follow the steps below:
1) Log into the Zmags Publicator and click on "All Publications" at left.
2) Click on the name of the problem publication in the list.
3) Click on the "Pages" tab near the top of the window.
4) Click on "change downloadable PDF" > Browse > choose PDF > Click OK.
5) Click upload and wait for the green confirmation box near the top.
6) Click Save.
Why does my PDF fail to download?
If you get an error page when attempting to download a number of pages or even the entire publication from the online version, this might be due to one of the following issues:
- Downloadable PDF not being identical to the online publication
- Download function not being enabled on the publication
- Downloadable PDF file has been corrupted
This issue is caused because when adding a page to the publication, it is possible to also add it to the downloadable PDF file (which is separate from the publication itself, and sits in the background), but when removing a page from the publication, it is not possible to remove it from the downloadable PDF file automatically.
When doing a page replace, which consists of one page-addition and one page-removal, both versions of the page being replaced (old and new) will be present in the downloadable PDF. The way to correct this is, after all page replaces are finished, replace the downloadable PDF manually. You'll want to use a PDF that has all the newest versions of the pages, so that it matches the publication.