Installing the Magento Plugin
Upload & import of your Catalog into Magento
Adding Product Links & Widgets
Installing the Zmags Magento Plugin
Click the links below to download the Zmags Magento Plugin, and see a setup guide:
2) Log into the Zmags Publicator and click "All Publications" on the left side.
3) Click the green "Create Publication" button near the top.
4) Click the green "Browse" button and select your PDF from step 1. Click "Next" to begin uploading.
5) The green task list in the bottom-right will track upload and conversion process. You may click to expand it for a more detailed view.
6) Once the conversion has finished, activate the publication by clicking the grey check mark in the "Active" column
2: Importing the catalog into Magento
Once you have set up the uploaded and activated your catalog within your Zmags Publicator account, you can then import the catalog into your Magento back end:
2) At the top, click "Zmags Publications" > "Manage Publications".
3) You will be directed to the Publication Manager page:
5) Drag and drop the desired publication from the list to the "Drop Here" region:
- Choose slug: This will be used for the end of the publication URL, like so:
- Publication height: The vertical size in pixels at which the publication will be displayed in the Magento page.
- Status: Set this to 'Enabled' when you are ready to distribute the Magento page.
- Publish From / Until: Optionally choose a set of dates between which the publication will be available.
7) Click 'Save' when finished. You may return to change these settings by selecting 'Edit' on the Publication Manager page.
Your catalog is now ready and you can start adding your Product Links & Widgets
Adding Product Links & Widgets
Product Links & Widgets pull product information from your Magento platform and present it in a dynamic product QuickView. Your readers may then add products directly to their shopping cart and continue reading.
Product Links allow you to design and use your own image icons and buttons in your catalog. Product Widgets allow you to use the built in Zmags product icons and add transparent shopping layers in your catalog.
Creating a Custom Viewer Template
Before you start adding Product Links & Widgets it’s recommended that you create a Custom Viewer template for your catalogs. This will allow you to create Product Links faster as you can enable the "Open products in Lightbox" option in your Custom Viewer settings, where you can set a "Base URL". This will allow you to open the Magento QuickViews in the catalog without needing the entire URL address of the QuickViews when creating the Product Links & Widgets.
Here is how to set up a Custom Viewer template:
Under Lightbox, enable "Open products in Lightbox".
In “Enter base URL” enter the Custom Slug found in Magento under:
2) On the left side of the screen, under "TNMA Extensions", click "ZMags Configuration".
4) You then enable the template on your catalog under All Publications > Edit > Basic > Viewer in Zmags Publicator
How to create a Product Link
2) To the right of the publication you'd like to add links to, click the little icon in the 'Enrichments' column.
3) Wait for Zmags Enriched to load. Using the page-select menu on the right side, navigate to the first page you would like to link.
4) Click the link icon on the left side and choose "Product Link". Use the mouse cursor to draw a link box on the page.
5) This will open the product link dialog box, which has the following properties:
7) To add your own image icon or button, select “External Source”. In the drop-down menu you will find all images uploaded into the Image folder within your Publicator account. After selecting your image, change “Opacity” to 100.
How to create a Product Widget
2) To the right of the publication you'd like to add a widget to, click the little icon in the 'Enrichments' column.
3) Wait for Zmags Enriched to load. Using the page-select menu on the right side, navigate to the desired page.
4) Click the cog icon on the left side and choose Product Details Widget; after that, choose whether you would like to use a simple rectangular link area, or draw a more advanced polygon.
5) If you chose the "Rectangular Tool", simply draw a box on the page by dragging from where you would like one corner to be, to where you would like the opposite corner to be.
6) If you chose the "Polygonal Tool", click anywhere on the page to place the first point. Then click elsewhere to place two or more subsequent points. When finished, click the original point to close the polygon.
7) Once you have created a Product Details Widget, the following options will be available to you:
Once you have added your Product Links and/or Widgets you can test the links within your Magento backend.
You will be able to track the performance of your catalog within Zmags Publicator, except from reader behavior in the product quick views (“Add to cart” etc.). That data will be collected by your existing analytics suite as the Product Links & Widgets are re-using the Magento quick views from your website.
In this guide, you can see the data that can be found within Zmags Prism Publicator.