What is the offline version?
If you want to create an offline version of your Zmag publication for presentations, to put on USB flash disks, when you don't have access to the Internet, etc, the Offline Viewer is a versatile tool.
How do I create an offline version of the publication?
If you wish to create an offline version of the publication please follow the steps below:
1) Go to "Content Management" menu and click the link "Offline Publications"
2) Click the Create button to start the Offline Publication creation
3) Choose your publication from the drop down
4) Enter a Title of your publication download
5) Choose the language options:
6) Auto Detect Language - automatically detect the language of the reader and display all standard viewer elements in the correct language
7) Default Language - Choose the default language you would like to use
8) Choose whether to "Include all publications from Archive" if you have an archive setup on your publication
9) When the offline version of your publication has been properly created, the status icon turns into a download button.
10) Click here to download the publication to your computer. The offline publication is downloaded as a compressed .zip archive containing multiple files and folders.
What can I do with the Zip file I have downloaded?
You will need winzip to extract from a Zip file to your PC. http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
If you have extracted the files from the .zip archive you may open the publication by clicking the executable file (HTA / EXE file).
If you extract the files to an external media such as a memory stick or a CD/DVD we have included an "autorun" file. This file will prompt you computer to run the media when it is inserted, this acts as a great shortcut to opening the offline publication.
What all are these files for?
If the Offline Publications is stored on a USB key, CD, DVD or other media and the autorun feature on the PC is enabled, the
launchpage.hta files will automatically be launched and the offline publication will open.
Is simply preparing the PC for opening a HTML file locally and when granted access it opens the launchpage.html file.
This will though only be working on Windows and IE.
Is used when hosting the offline publication on your own servers. If you want to host the offline file on your servers it only requires
the launchpage.html file and the "Data" folder.
Is a executable flash file which opens the publication in your flash player instead of a browser window as the other launching files are.
This is where all the data for the Offline Publication is stored, this folder always needs to follow the other files and folder structure.
Mac OS Note: Because Apple is now blocking older versions of Adobe Flash, Offline Publications will not able to support OSX going forward. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
What is the offline version?