In the Zmags Standard Viewer, it is possible to add wishlist functionality to your publication. This consists of link boxes that when clicked add a corresponding item to a integrated shopping list, which keeps a running total of all prices. When done browsing, the user can print their list or send it by email / SMS.
Click here to see a basic example
How to Enable Wishlist Functionality
1) Log into the Zmags Publicator and click on "All Publications" at left.
2a) If you do not have a custom Standard Viewer set up already, click "Create Viewer" at the top. Choose an existing Standard Viewer to start from, and then click "Next". Rename the new viewer.
2b) If you have a custom Standard Viewer set up already, click its name to the right of your publication name to go directly to the viewer settings.
3) Click the "Features" tab near the top, and scroll down to "Shopping cart, wish list and product windows".
4) Check the "Enable shopping cart or wish list" box. "Wish List" should already be selected in the drop-down menu that appears.
5) Fill out the other settings as desired:
6) When finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save".
7) Go back to "All Publications" and click on the name of your publication. If it is not already selected, choose the viewer you have created in the "Viewer" drop-down menu and click "Save".
How to Create Wishlist Links
If you would like to add many wishlist links, it is recommended that you create a CSV file. Otherwise, the following procedure may be used to create links individually.
1) To the right of the publication you'd like to add links to, click the little icon in the 'Enrichments' column.
2) Wait for Zmags Enriched to load. Using the page-select menu on the right side, navigate to the first page you would like to link.
3) Click the link icon on the left side and choose "Product Link". Use the mouse cursor to draw a link box on the page.
4) This will open the product link dialog box, which has the following properties:
Product Source: Choose whether to use the product database or manually enter product details. Generally you will always be using the product database.
Product Name: The name of the item or product.
Product Description: A description of the item or product.
Product ID: The serial number of the Item or product. When using the product database, this will be the only product information you must manually enter. After that, click 'search' to fill in all other fields automatically.
Product Price: A price for the Item or product.
Width, Height: The width and height of the link box on the page, in pixels.
Top, Left: The position of the link box on the page, in pixels.
Tooltip type: Determines whether the tooltip for the specific link is plain text or rich media. Mouseover tooltips are available in the Flash viewer only, and will not appear in the HTML5 viewer:
- Text: If the text option is selected, the desired tooltip text must be entered in the Tooltip text field.
- Media: If the media tooltip type is selected, a media resource must be selected from the "Media Source" dropdown.
Note: Media Source includes all images, flash files, and movies that have been added to your account. Media tooltips are shown in a tooltip window with a fixed size.
Rollover effect: Determines what happens when the reader hovers over the link. The default effect is 'none', meaning the effect is disabled. Available effects are:
- Fade InOut: sets transparency to 0%, increases it to 100% and decreases it again.
- Pulsating: repeatedly cycles the transparency
- Frame: magnifies the linked area while highlighting it with a frame.
- Shadow Frame: Like frame, but includes a shadow visual effect.
External source: Allows you to use or overlay flash or images from the media library in the link area you have defined. The default value is None, which will make the link behave as a normal link.
Transparency: Determines how transparent the link should be. Set to 0% for completely invisible links.
6) After creating the link(s) choose File > Save All from the top menu. You may then close / exit Zmags Enriched.