Our Zmags Creator platform is a great way to build out rich interactive HTML5 content, and it has a lot to add when used in conjunction with your Publicator publications. This article details how to use HTML5 widgets and lightbox links to properly integrate Creator with Publicator in a way that behaves consistently and with proper cross-platform functionality. Please keep in mind, HTML5 widgets are only available for the HTML5 viewer!
Adding Your Creator Experiences to Publicator
1) Start by downloading and hosting these two experience loader files somewhere on your organization's website. (Be sure to unzip them first!) For maximum ease-of-use, keep them together and preferably somewhere with a short URL.
2) Log into the Zmags Creator platform. (If you don't have access already, please ask your account manager for more information!)
3) Create an experience containing whatever content you would like. If you require additional help here, please see our Creator Community Portal for further instruction. (Feel free to skip topics relating to site setup and publishing for now, as they are not necessary for Publicator integration.)
4) Be sure to click 'Push' when finished. Take note of the experience 'height' in the editor. Click 'Creator' in the top-left to return to the main menu.
5) Click on the thumbnail for your experience, "Get URL", and copy down the provided URL.
6) You now have everything you need to create the necessary URL for Publicator. Use the following format to put it all together:
Loader URL - From step 1. Use the "creator_loader" if you will be placing this experience in a widget. Use the "creator_lb_loader" if you will be using a lightbox link.
Creator Height - From step 4.
Creator URL - From step 5.
7) Repeat steps 3 - 6 for any additional experiences you would like to add.
8) Log into the Publicator and create an HTML5 widget or lightbox link for each experience to be added, being sure to retain the same proportions of height / width. (Often, the easiest way to do this is to simply use the same height and width as the widget.)