What is an email link?
External links are links which are placed on publication pages which navigate to external websites. For instance, an external link on page 2 could redirect the user to google.com when clicked.
Steps to create a basic external link
1) From "All Publications", open Zmags Enriched by clicking on the icon off to the right of your publication in the list.
2) Once Zmags Enriched opens, click on the Link icon in the toolbar (Fig 1.0) on the left hand side of the interface and choose External Link. After this, mark an area on the page on which you want to place the link. (Fig 1.1)
3) This will open the external link dialog box, which has the following properties
URL - The email address to direct the user to with "mailto:" in front of it. Example: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to add a specific subject to the email you need to add the following at the end of the mailto: entry - ?subject=your-subject-here. Example: mailto:email@example.com?subject=your-subject-here
Open link in - The target property determines in what window an external link is opened. It is not needed for email links when using a Flash viewer. However, when using an HTML5 viewer the Open Link In setting would need to be changed to "Current window/tab."
Dimensions and Variables
- Width & Height: The width and height of the link area in Pixels on the page
- Top & Left: The exact position of the link in Pixels on the page
- Tooltip type determines whether the tooltip for the specific link is plain text or rich media. Mouseover tooltips are available in the Flash viewer only, and will not appear in the HTML5 viewer:
- Text: If the text option is selected, the desired tooltip text must be entered in the Tooltip text field. If the media tooltip type is selected, a media resource must be selected from the
- Media: If the media tooltip type is selected, a media resource must be selected from the dropdown.
- Media Source includes all images, flash files and movies that have been added to your account within the Files. Media tooltips are shown in a tooltip window with a fixed size.
- The media title field defines the heading of the tooltip window.
- The media description field determines the subheading of the tooltip window
- Rollover effect determines what happens when the reader hovers over the link. The default effect is None which does, as the name implies, absolutely nothing.
Other available effects are:
- Fade InOut, which sets transparency to 0%, increases it to 100% and decreases it again.
- Pulsating, which repeatedly cycles the transparency
- Frame, which magnifies the linked area while highlighting it with a frame.
- Shadow Frame, which is like frame, but includes a shadow visual effect.
External source allows you to use or overlay flash or images from the media library in the link area you have defined. The default value is None, which will make the link behave as a normal link.
Transparency determines how transparent the link should be. Set to 0% for completely invisible links.
4) After creating the link(s) choose File > Save All from the top menu (Fig 1.3) and Exit Zmags Enriched